Effective Classroom Management: Models and Strategies for Today's Classrooms (3rd Edition)
- Publish Date: 2011-03-27
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Carlette Jackson Hardin
Attention: Any used item that originally included an accessory such as an access code, one time use worksheet, cd or dvd, or other one time use accessories may not be guaranteed to be included or valid. By purchasing this item you acknowledge the above statement.
This reader-friendly, practical book offers you a solid foundation for developing an individualized classroom management plan that suits your unique instructional philosophy.Â This book examines a variety of models of classroom management arranged according to their primary focus: classroom management as discipline, classroom management as a system, and classroom management as instruction. Presenting a scholarly review of the research base on classroom management, this book will show you how each of the models effectively addresses current Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (INTASC) standards.
In theÂ third edition, the practical orientation of the second edition has been retained while providing you with an updated view of classroom management models and research.Â TheÂ third edition includes:
- New Chapter 11 on Positive Behavior Support as a model of classroom management. In 1997 Positive Behavior Support (PBS) became an important aspect of most schoolsâ classroom management system when the amendments to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) became law and required that schools use positive behavioral support and functional behavioral assessment with students with significant behavioral disabilities.Â Since then, over seven thousand schools have adopted PBS as their primary management plan.
- New Chapter 14 focuses on research-based best practices in classroom management.Â This chapter provides nine proven strategies for managing classrooms.Â
- New feature Strategies for Dealing with Difficult Students. Classroom teachers needÂ specific strategies for working with students whose behavior is not changed by the strategies that work for the majority of students.Â Each model now provides more specific information on how to deal with these difficult students.
- Seven new tables and figures within the text that are designed to give more practical suggestions for using the models.
- Seven new Tips from the Field provided by state teachers of the year.
We Also Recommend
Thriving in College and Beyond: Research-Based Strategies for Academic Success and Personal Development: Concise Version
ENVISION MATH 2.0 COMMON CORE STUDENT EDITION GRADE 7 VOLUME 1 COPYRIGHT2017
SCIENCE 2010 STUDENT EDITION (HARDCOVER) GRADE 5
MATH 2016 COMMON CORE STUDENT EDITION GRADE 3 VOLUME 2