Corrections: An Introduction (3rd Edition)
- Publish Date: 2010-01-18
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Richard P. Seiter
ThisÂ book examines corrections not just from an academic view, but from those who are at the center of the system. It includes correctional history and theory, yet concentrates on what professionals do, why they do it, and the challenges they face every day. Taking an insiderâs view, this edition discusses the impact of budgetary challenges, alternatives to incarceration and updates to legal decisions.Â This book is fully updated to include the latest on: T his is just the standalone book.
- Problems solving courts (mental health)
- Evidence-based practices
- Staff recruitment and retention issues
- Private prisons
- Correctional technology
- Prisoner reentryÂ
Some newÂ featuresÂ to this edition include:
- New! A new section on the impact of budgetary challenges
- New! A new section on alternatives to incarcerationÂ
- New! Updated legal decisions
This is a perfect resource for individuals and taxpayers interested in today's criminal justice system, and an understanding of how programs operate and how much they cost.