Real Reading 4: Creating an Authentic Reading Experience (mp3 files included)
- Publish Date: 2010-08-23
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Alice Savage;David Wiese
NOTE:Item includes a book and CD, it does not have an Access Card.
Lynn Bonesteel, Series Editor
Paul Nation, Series Consultant
A four-level reading skills series for beginning through advanced students, Real Reading provides students with a meaningful and authentic reading experience. Compelling readings in a variety of genres have been carefully written or adapted from authentic sources and feature a principled approach to vocabulary development.
Real Reading Features
- Two thematically-related readings per unit encourage students to make connections.
- Reading and vocabulary skill building and vocabulary learning strategies based on Paul Nationâs research help students become more confident and successful in preparation for academic reading and reading on standardized tests.
- Controlled vocabulary based on the General Service Word List, the Academic Word List, and the Billuroglu-Neufeld List ensures studentsâ comprehension.
- Fluency Practice units improve reading speed and comprehension.
The four-level Real Reading series also includes:Â
- Real ReadingÂ 1
- Real Reading 2
- Real Reading 3