An Educator's Guide to Using MinecraftÂ® in the Classroom: Ideas, inspiration, and student projects for teachers
- Publish Date: 2014-10-24
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Colin Gallagher
Learn how educators are using MinecraftÂ® as a powerful instructional tool to engage students and teach subjects as varied as math and humanities.
This book offers ten classroom projects from teachers using MinecraftÂ® to teach math, science, languages, and more. Each project includes learning objectives, project organization and tasks, and ideas for reflection and assessments.
Youâll also find detailed instructions for setting up and running a MinecraftÂ® server in the classroom, both the regular and the popular MinecraftEdu versions.
In this book, youâll discover
- What MinecraftÂ® is and why itâs such an engaging tool for the classroom.
- How to set up and administer servers that students use for their projects.
- What MinecraftEdu is, how to set up and manage it, and how to use its teacher controls.
- Techniques for using the game in special-education settings.
- Step-by-step instructions for printing 3D models of your classroom projects.
- Ways to use the game in a variety of different subject areas.
Youâll find essential advice and captivating projects for using MinecraftÂ® to enhance studentsâ learning experience from educators using MinecraftÂ® in the Classroom: Shane Asselstine, Dan Bloom, AndrÃ© Chercka, Adam Clarke, Stephen Elford, Colin Gallagher, David Lee, John Miller, Eric Walker, and James York.
MinecraftÂ® is a trademark of Mojang Synergies/Notch Development AB. This book is not affiliated with or sponsored by Mojang Synergies/Notch Development AB.
We Also Recommend
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Standard Edition: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
Google For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))