Orientation to the Counseling Profession: Advocacy, Ethics, and Essential Professional Foundations (2nd Edition) (Merrill Counseling)
- Publish Date: 2013-03-18
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Bradley T. Erford
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with the bound book, use ISBN 0133399761. To order this title packaged with MyCounselingLab without Pearson eText, use ISBN 0134297458.
Designed to orient counselors in training to the profession of counselingâregardless of their area of specialtyâthis comprehensive, current, and innovative guide covers the major tenets of the counseling profession including advocacy and multicultural counseling; licensure; professional associations; ethical/legal issues; consultation; supervision; outcomes research; and the counseling process, with diverse applications across the lifespan, settings, and specialties. Orientation to the Counseling Profession is precisely aligned with the 2009 CACREP standards, helping CACREP-accredited programs meet the standards and helping non-CACREP programs provide counselors in training with the most current professional training standards. Featured are unique Voices from the Field excerpts that give readers real-life, in-the-trenches practitioner perspectives. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPadÂ® and AndroidÂ® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7â or 10â tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
We Also Recommend
NEW MySocLab without Pearson eText -- Standalone Access Card -- for Social Problems: A Down to Earth Approach (11th Edition)
Essentials of Sociology (12th Edition)
American Government: Political Development and Institutional Change, 7th Edition
Questions that Matter: An Invitation to Philosophy