NorthStar: Listening and Speaking Level 2
- Publish Date: 2008-10-11
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Robin Mills;Laurie Frazier
Northstar, now in its third edition, motivates students to succeed in their academic as well as personal language goals. For each of the five levels, the two strands â Reading and Writing and Listening and Speaking â provide a fully integrated approach for students and teachers.
What is Special about the Third Edition?Â Â Â
- New Themes and Updated Content â presented in a variety of genres and in authentic materials â challenge and engage students intellectually.
- Enhanced Focus on Academic Skills, more purposeful integration of critical thinking, and an enhanced focus on academic skills such as inferencing, synthesizing, notetaking, and test taking help students develop strategies for success in the classroom and on standardized tests.
- AÂ structured approach gives students opportunities for more extended and creative oral practice, for example, presentations, simulations, debates, speeches, public service announcements and more.
- A New Design with full color pages, more photos, illustrations, and graphic organizers fosters student engagement and makes the content come alive.