Strategies for Theory Construction in Nursing (5th Edition)
- Publish Date: 2010-09-25
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Lorraine Olszewski Walker;Kay Coalson Avant
Completely updated in a new 5th edition, this book details the advances that have been made in theory development and demonstrate the continued relevance of theory to nursing practice. Chapters discuss concepts, statement, and theory development with recently published examples of theory strategies, emphasizing concept analytical work. Introductory chapters clarify the relevance of theory to nursing practice, while concluding chapters contain a greater emphasis on how theories can be tested for validity and utility in practice. Features include:
- Recent theory development work being done by nurses;
- Emergent philosophical views that reflect increased diversity;
- International nursing theory development.
- Updated material through-out
Preliminary Notes that engage the reader with a personal voice.