Clinical Laboratory Microbiology: A Practical Approach
- Publish Date: 2010-04-02
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Karen Kiser;William Payne;Theresa Taff
Clinical Laboratory Microbiology is part of Pearsonâs Clinical Laboratory Science series of textbooks, which is designed to balance theory and practical applications in a way that is engaging and useful to students. Clinical Laboratory Microbiology presents highly detailed technical information and real-life case studies that will help learners envision themselves as members of the health care team, providing the laboratory services specific to microbiology that assist in patient care. The mixture of theoretical and practical information relating to microbiology provided in this text allows learners to analyze and synthesize this information and, ultimately, to answer questions and solve problems and cases. Some exciting features to this book include:
- Taxonomy with a pronunciation guide
- Checkpoints! throughout the chapter allow theÂ reader to assess learning, develop test taking skills and promote retention.Â Answers are provided in the appendix.
- Real World Tips reinforce the importance of what they are learning
- Graphic organizers such as timelines and concept maps help visual learners grasp the content.Â Flow charts model the decisions that are part of identification of an unknown microorganism.
- Learning Opportunities and Case Studies
This book should serve as a helpful bench reference for practicing laboratory professionals.Â Other professionals such as pathology residents, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners will find the information useful.Â
We Also Recommend
Chemistry for Engineering Students, Hybrid Edition (with OWLv2 24-Months Printed Access Card)
Introductory Physical Geology Laboratory Manual for Distance Learning
College Algebra in Context, Books a la Carte Edition Plus NEW MyMathLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Glencoe Math: Built to the Common Core, Teacher Walkaround Edition, Vol. 1 (Mathematical Application and Connect Course)