The End of Alzheimerâs, Second Edition: The Brain and Beyond
- Publish Date: 2017-05-26
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Thomas J. Lewis;Clement L. Trempe MD
The End of Alzheimerâs: The Brain and Beyond, Second Edition is the first comprehensive overview on the molecular basis of Alzheimerâs outside of the brain, merging the most recent findings within the field into a single book. It aims to educate the reader on the many overlooked aspects of Alzheimerâs disease that occur outside the brain.
This book uniquely provides step-by-step, peer-reviewed evidence that the current research model may be misguided and that a new and emerging model is more accurate. It carefully outlines the molecular research in Alzheimerâs outside the brain and argues that a more thorough, whole-body diagnosis will provide better answers about its causes and lead to new treatments.
It is beneficial to researchers who need to be apprised of the emerging science on the causes of Alzheimerâs, and will hopefully redirect many into new avenues of cellular research and discovery.
- Comprehensive literature-based summary of the current state of molecular Alzheimerâs disease research
- Details the shortcomings of the prevailing model and therapeutics in development
- Reviews blood-based biomarkers for Alzheimerâs and their link to amyloid- and Tau-independent causes outside the brain
- Describes the tissues outside the brain impacted by Alzheimerâs and the underlying molecular causes
- Explains the whole-body risks associated with Alzheimerâs, along with concomitant measures to slow or prevent the disease
- Provides a protocol to properly research, evaluate, measure, diagnose, and potentially treat Alzheimerâs patients
We Also Recommend
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition: DSM-5