The Transformation of Academic Health Centers: Meeting the Challenges of Healthcareâs Changing Landscape
- Publish Date: 2015-04-21
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Steven Wartman M.D. Ph.D.
The Transformation of Academic Health Centers: The Institutional Challenge to Improve Health and Well-Being in Healthcareâs Changing Landscape presents the direct knowledge and vision of accomplished academic leaders whose unique positions as managers of some of the most complex academic and business enterprises make them expert contributors.
Users will find invaluable insights and leadership perspectives on healthcare, health professions education, and bio-medical and clinical research that systematically explores the evolving role of global academic health centers with an eye focused on the transformation necessary to be successful in challenging environments.
The book is divided into five sections moving from the broad perspective of the role of academic health centers to the role of education, training, and disruptive technologies. It then addresses the discovery processes, improving funding models, and research efficiency. Subsequent sections address the coming changes in healthcare delivery and future perspectives, providing a complete picture of the needs of the growing and influential healthcare sector.
- Outlines strategies for academic health centers to successfully adapt to the global changes in healthcare and delivery
- Offers forward-thinking and compelling professional and personal assessments of the evolving role of academic health centers by recognized outstanding academic healthcare leaders
- Includes case studies and personal reflections, providing lessons learned and new recommendations to challenge leaders
- Provides discussions on the discovery process, improving funding models, and research efficiency
We Also Recommend
Chemistry for Engineering Students, Hybrid Edition (with OWLv2 24-Months Printed Access Card)
Introductory Physical Geology Laboratory Manual for Distance Learning
College Algebra in Context, Books a la Carte Edition Plus NEW MyMathLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Glencoe Math: Built to the Common Core, Teacher Walkaround Edition, Vol. 1 (Mathematical Application and Connect Course)