Physically Based Rendering, Third Edition: From Theory to Implementation
- Publish Date: 2016-11-25
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Matt Pharr;Wenzel Jakob;Greg Humphreys
Physically Based Rendering: From Theory to Implementation, Third Edition, describes both the mathematical theory behind a modern photorealistic rendering system and its practical implementation. Through a method known as 'literate programming', the authors combine human-readable documentation and source code into a single reference that is specifically designed to aid comprehension. The result is a stunning achievement in graphics education.
Through the ideas and software in this book, users will learn to design and employ a fully-featured rendering system for creating stunning imagery. This completely updated and revised edition includes new coverage on ray-tracing hair and curves primitives, numerical precision issues with ray tracing, LBVHs, realistic camera models, the measurement equation, and much more. It is a must-have, full color resource on physically-based rendering.
- Presents up-to-date revisions of the seminal reference on rendering, including new sections on bidirectional path tracing, numerical robustness issues in ray tracing, realistic camera models, and subsurface scattering
- Provides the source code forÂ a complete rendering systemÂ allowing readers to get up and running fast
- Includes a unique indexing feature, literate programming, that lists the locations of each function, variable, and method on the page where they are first described
- Serves as an essential resource on physically-based rendering
We Also Recommend
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Standard Edition: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
Google For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))