Introduction to Emergency Management, Fifth Edition
- Publish Date: 2013-10-24
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: George Haddow;Jane Bullock;Damon P. Coppola
Attention: Any used item that originally included an accessory such as an access code, one time use worksheet, cd or dvd, or other one time use accessories may not be guaranteed to be included or valid. By purchasing this item you acknowledge the above statement.
Introduction to Emergency Management, Fifth Edition, offers a fully up-to-date analysis of US emergency management principles. In addition to expanding coverage of risk management in a time of climate change and terrorism, Haddow, Bullock, and Coppola discuss the impact of new emergency management technologies, social media, and an increasing focus on recovery. They examine the effects of the 2012 election results and discuss FEMAâs controversial National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Introduction to Emergency Management, Fifth Edition, gives instructors and students the best textbook content, instructor-support materials, and online resources to prepare future EM professionals for this demanding career.
New to this edition:
- Introduction to FEMA's Whole Community disaster preparedness initiative
- Material on recent disaster events, including the Boston Marathon Bombing (2013), Hurricane Sandy (2012), the Joplin Tornado (2011), the Haiti Earthquake (2011), and the Great East Japan Earthquake (2010)
- New and updated material on the Department of Homeland Security and the ongoing efforts of the emergency management community to manage terrorism hazards
- Top-of-the-line ancillaries that can be uploaded to Blackboard and other course management systems.
We Also Recommend
Bundle: Accounting, Loose-Leaf Version, 26th
The Sovereign Individual: How to Survive and Thrive During the Collapse of the Welfare State
Business Statistics Student Value Edition Plus NEW MyStatLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package (2nd Edition)
You Were Born Rich: Now You Can Discover and Develop Those Riches