Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function
- Publish Date: 2016-10-25
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Bruno Cozzi;Stefan Huggenberger;Helmut A OelschlÃ¤ger
The Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function is a precise, detailed, fully illustrated, descriptive, and functionally oriented text on the anatomy and morphology of dolphins. It focuses on a number of delphinid species, with keynotes on important dolphin-like genera, such as the harbor porpoise. It also serves as a useful complement for expanding trends and emphases in molecular biology and genetics.
The authors share their life-long expertise on marine mammals in various disciplines. Written as a team rather than being prepared as a collection of separate contributions, the result is a uniform and comprehensive style, giving each of the different topics appropriate space. Many color figures, which use the authorsâ access to wide collections of unique dolphin and whale material, round out this exceptional offering to the field.
- Includes high-quality illustrations, drawings, halftone artwork, photographic documentations, microphotos, and tables detailing dolphin anatomy, function, and morphology
- Facilitates education and training of students of all basic research and applied sciences dedicated to marine biology and the medical care of marine mammals
- Brings together the current knowledge and information on this topic, including those in obscure past or non-English publications, or scattered in short chapters in volumes
- Covers a number of delphinid species and serves as a useful complement for expanding trends in molecular biology and genetics
We Also Recommend
Chemistry for Engineering Students, Hybrid Edition (with OWLv2 24-Months Printed Access Card)
Human Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory Manual, Cat Version (11th Edition)