Geriatric Physical Therapy (A & L Allied Health)
- Publish Date: 2016-03-29
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: William H. Staples
The definitive case-based guide to effectively managing geriatric disorders
Geriatric Physical Therapy provides the most authoritative overview available on managing the special needs of the elderly in all health care settings. Through nearly 200 cases, the text offers a skill-building balance of theory and clinical application of knowledge in caring for the older adult population. This timely book addresses and incorporates aspects of prevention, fitness, and wellness into the rehabilitative model of care for elders with and without pathological conditions.
- Nearly 200 cases examine both acute and chronic stage settings, and provides suggested tests and measures
- Cases focus on orthopedics and neurology for consistency with board exams, which concentrate in these therapeutic areasÂ Â
- Tables and boxes organize and summarize important information and highlight key points for quick referenceÂ
- A well-referenced and scientific approach provides the depth to understand integral processes and procedures
Each case in Geriatric Physical Therapy is designed to help you learn how to apply geriatric physical therapy concepts to specific patient situations. The cases are presented in a consistent mannerâsimilar to what you would see in a clinical settingâand focus on one primary topic or problem.
Chapters open with a brief overview of the topic, which reviews basic information on that topic, followed by related cases. Excellent pedagogy includes board-type review questions and chapter summaries that conclude each chapter.
We Also Recommend
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition: DSM-5
The Norton Anthology of Drama (Vol. 1 & 2)