Harpers Illustrated Biochemistry 30th Edition
- Publish Date: 2015-01-08
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Victor Rodwell;David Bender;Kathleen M. Botham;Peter J. Kennelly;P. Anthony Weil
Attention: Any used item that originally included an accessory such as an access code, one time use worksheet, cd or dvd, or other one time use accessories may not be guaranteed to be included or valid. By purchasing this item you acknowledge the above statement.
Gain a thorough understanding of the principles ofbiochemistry as they relate to the study of clinical medicine
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
THE BEST REVIEW FOR THE USMLE!
The Thirtieth Edition of Harperâs Illustrated Biochemistry combines outstanding full-colorillustrations with authoritative integrated coverage of biochemical disease and clinical information. Using brevity and numerous medically relevant examples, Harper's presents a clear, succinct review of the fundamentals of biochemistry that every student must understand in order to succeed in medical school.
All fifty-eight chapters emphasize the medical relevance of biochemistry
- Full-color presentation includes more than 600 illustrations
- Each chapter includes a section on BiomedicalImportance and a summary of the topics covered
- Review questions follow each of the eleven sections
- Case studies in every chapter emphasize the clinical relevance to biochemistry
- NEW coverage of toxic naturally-occurring amino acids; extraterrestrial biomolecules; computer-aided drug design; the role of complement cascade in bacterial and viral infection; secreted mediators of cell-cell signaling between leukocytes; the role of mast cells, basophils, andeosinophils; and the hazard of antioxidants that down-regulate radical signaling for apoptosis and increase risk of cancer
Applauded by medical students for its current and engaging style, Harper's Illustrated Biochemistry is an essential for USMLE review and the single best reference for learning the clinical relevance of any biochemistry topic.
We Also Recommend
College Algebra in Context, Books a la Carte Edition Plus NEW MyMathLab with Pearson eText(No Access code)
Introductory Physical Geology Laboratory Manual for Distance Learning
Chemistry for Engineering Students, Hybrid Edition (with OWLv2 24-Months Printed Access Card)
Precalculus With Limits A Graphing Approach 5th Edition