AACN Essentials of Critical Care Nursing, Second Edition
- Publish Date: 2010-05-10
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Marianne Chulay;Suzanne Burns;American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
The authoritative, evidence-based coverage you need to safely and competently care for adult, critically ill patients and their families â or prepare for the critical care nursing certification exam
A Doody's Core Title ESSENTIAL PURCHASE for 2011!
Endorsed by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses and written by top clinical experts in acute care nursing, this textbook thoroughly covers all the need-to-know details on the care of adult, critically ill patients and their families. Supported by helpful tables and algorithms, the bookâs practical, building-block organization starts with the basics before proceeding to more complex concepts, paralleling the blueprint for the critical care nursing CCRN certification examination.
AACN Essentials of Critical Care Nursing is divided into four logical sections, which, taken as a whole, will give you complete understanding of this challenging area of nursing practice:
- The Essentials â provides fundamental information that new clinicians must understand to provide safe, competent nursing care to all critically ill patients, regardless of their underlying medical diagnosis.
- Pathological Conditions â covers pathologic conditions and management strategies commonly encountered in all adult critical care units.
- Advanced Concepts in Caring for the Critically Ill Patient â presents advanced critical care concepts or pathologic conditions that are less common or more specialized than those generally found in adult critical care units.
- Key Reference Information â includes reference information that you will find helpful in a clinical environment, such as normal laboratory and diagnostic values, algorithms for advanced cardiac life support, and summary tables of critical care drugs and cardiac rhythms
Each chapter begins with Knowledge Competencies that can be used to gauge your progress. This edition is compatible with ECCO (Essentials of Critical Care Orientation), the online program offered by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.
We Also Recommend
Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice 2016: Journal Of Infusion Nursing;Supplement to Jan/Feb 2016V39,Number1S
Pediatric Advanced Life Support: Provider Manual
Medical Terminology 350: Learning Guide (Dean Vaughn Total Retention System)