Clinical Ethics: A Practical Approach to Ethical Decisions in Clinical Medicine, Seventh Edition (LANGE Clinical Science)
- Publish Date: 2010-05-26
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Albert Jonsen;Mark Siegler;William Winslade
A unique structured approach to solving ethical issues that arise in daily clinical practice
A Doody's Core Title for 2011!
Clinical Ethics teaches the widely-known Four-Topics Method to help you make the right choice when facing complex ethical questions and dilemmas encountered during everyday patient care. You will learn an easy-to-apply system based on simple questions about medical indications, patient preferences, quality of life, and contextual features that clearly explain clinical ethics and helps you formulate a sound diagnosis and treatment strategy.
- Goes beyond theory to offer a solid decision-making strategy applicable to real-world practice
- Numerous clinical case examples link principles to everyday practice--many new to this edition
- Practical coverage of important legal issues
- Ethical considerations in palliative care, medically assisted death, clinical research, and other timely issues
- Perfect for students, trainees, clinicians, ethics committee members, nurses, and patients
- Handy four-topics chart pullout card
The content you need to make the right choice:
Introduction; Medical Intervention; Patient Preferences; Quality of Life; Contextual Features.
We Also Recommend
Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice 2016: Journal Of Infusion Nursing;Supplement to Jan/Feb 2016V39,Number1S
Medical Terminology 350: Learning Guide (Dean Vaughn Total Retention System)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support: Provider Manual