Understanding Health Policy, Fifth Edition (LANGE Clinical Medicine)
- Publish Date: 2008-08-18
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Thomas Bodenheimer;Kevin Grumbach
An engaging and clinically applicable work on the principles and structure of the U.S. healthcare system
A Doody's Core Title for 2011!
Eminently readable...Anyone wanting to gain insight into the forces that shaping health policy and the future of health care will appreciate this book.--Critical Care Nurse Magazine
Understanding Health Policy is the best-written, most informative book available on the subject--and it's the #1 choice for healthcare students and professionals alike. The authors carefully weave key principles, descriptions, and concrete examples into chapters that make important health policy issues both interesting and understandable.
Fully updated to reflect current issues in the ever-changing world of healthcare, the newest edition addresses all the topics that affect you most, from the structure and organization of the industry to issues regarding government and private insurance, to access to healthcare.
Everything you need to understand how the healthcare system works - and your role in it:
- Clinical vignettes in every chapter illustrate key points
- Detailed treatment of both U.S. and international issues
- A complete chapter of review questions
- NEW Expanded coverage of healthcare workers other than physicians
- NEW Closer scrutiny of the pharmaceutical industry
- NEW Brand-new chapter on the medical education system
We Also Recommend
Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice 2016: Journal Of Infusion Nursing;Supplement to Jan/Feb 2016V39,Number1S
Medical Terminology 350: Learning Guide (Dean Vaughn Total Retention System)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support: Provider Manual