The Essentials of Risk Management
- Publish Date: 2005-12-14
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Michel Crouhy;Dan Galai;Robert Mark
Risk management is no longer confined solely to risk management specialists. Stakeholders ranging from employees to investors must understand how to quantify the tradeoffs of risk against the potential return. The failure to understand the essential nature of risk can have devastating consequences.
Globally renowned risk and corporate governance experts Michel Crouhy, Dan Galai, and Robert Mark have updated and streamlined their bestselling professional reference Risk Management to introduce you to the world of risk management without requiring you to know the intricate formulas and mathematical details.
The Essentials of Risk Management is the first book to make even the most sophisticated risk management approaches simultaneously accessible to both risk and non risk professionals. It will help you to:
- Increase the transparency of your risk management program to satisfy shareholders, employees, regulators, and other important constituencies
- Keep on top of the continuing evolution of best-practice risk policies and methodologies and associated risk infrastructures
- Implement and efficiently communicate an organization-wide Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) approach that encompasses market, credit, liquidity, operational, legal and regulatory, business, strategic and reputation risks
- Navigate thorny areas including risk policies, risk methodologies, economic capital, regulatory capital, performance measurement, asset-liability management, and more
- Efficiently allocate limited corporate resources to comply with the new generation of risk regulation and corporate governance regulation
As a non-risk professional or board member, you are being called on more than ever before to make sophisticated assessments of your organization's risk exposures as well as play a critical role in its formal risk management process. The Essentials of Risk Management tells you what you need to know to succeed in this challenging new environment.
We Also Recommend
Bundle: Accounting, Loose-Leaf Version, 26th + CengageNOWv2, 2 term Printed Access Card
Business Statistics Student Value Edition Plus NEW MyStatLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package (2nd Edition)
Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs Serving Children from Birth Through Age 8
Economics Plus NEW MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package (Acemoglu, Laibson & List, The Economics Series)